Saturday 29 November 2014

Mid Life Pie In Review

Last week I started at the beginning of this journal. I was really bored. The first few posts were terrible. I really had nothing to say! I started the blog because my wife Kimberly-Ann wrote one called wilsonworld. She isn't there anymore, but I've linked to her archives if anyone wants to take a peak. She's a fantastic passionate insightful writer, but unfortunately, for her own reasons, doesn't write anymore. She inspired me to start my own blog. 

Over the years I've evolved. I've been told I'm a good writer, and I have to take the reader's word for that as I'm not one to judge. Stephen King is a good writer. I'm just some random (and intermittent) blogger. But I'll take the compliment. I'll take anything I can get. 

So I thought I would revisit some of my posts here. A greatest hits if you like. At least they're some of my favourites. Mostly from events that changed my outlook on life, or an event that is indelible in my memory. Enjoy. (Or don't, your choice!)

A New Crisis (October 25, 2008)
My first post to this blog. I had one years ago but I dropped it quickly. This post isn't really worth the effort, it's here because it's the first one.

Nothing to see here, move along please (November 5, 2008)
How life can move on without 500 television channels.

Remember Them (November 10, 2008)
The highest hit post ever. A Remembrance Day post that involved a ton of research. I still get hits on this eight years later.

Goodbye Old Girl (December 4, 2008)
Reflections on the end of a hockey era.

Un-BELL-ievable (March 24, 2009)
How Bell Telephone become my arch-nemisis.

Windsor in the Summer (June 6, 2009)
Making the best of the Windsor garbage strike.

Taking Back Our Park (July 5, 2009)
Amazing things happen when people take the first steps.

The Guns Fell Silent (November 11, 2009)
My fictional take on the last minutes of WWI.

Heroes (January 6, 2010)
The worst day for Canadian Forces in Afghanistan and my reaction to cowards.

The Most Difficult Post I've Ever Written, and Most Important (July 8, 2011)
My life changed with my Bipolar diagnosis.

Keith Wilson - Graphic Designer (January 16, 2012)
Self promotion at it's best.

Everything for a Reason, For Everything, a Time (February 13, 2012)
The day we found our relatives in Scotland.

Therapy Can Be Fun! (April 17, 2012)
An update on my ongoing mental wellness treatments.


At this point I essentially stopped writing. I totalled two posts in 2013. Neither of them are worthy of this list, both kinda boring. When I look back at it, it's easy to blame my mental state for my dismissing this journal. But in reality, I think I just got really lazy. But I moved on.


ISIS Just Started WWIII (October 23, 2014)
Canada was attacked on her own soil. A sad day for all of us.

Religion For Sale (November 14, 2014)
An essay about the changing perspectives of religion and how it affects all of us.

So there's the best of it all, in my opinion anyway. These posts area snapshot of my last eight years. So you won't see vacation pics here, you won't see pictures of cats or dogs, no great oratories on useless daily trivial life. I ignored those posts. These posts are the ones that changed me in some way or another. They're the ones that matter.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yell at me...