Wednesday 16 September 2009

Broken Promises

I promised it years ago.
I have been true to my word.
I have never wavered from my convictions.
I have always insisted that my family would be better for it.
I have always maintained my integrity and honour, and my family has reaped the benefits of the promise, the decision I made in 1994.

And now I've broken it.

Much to my and my family's dismay, I have failed them.

There is now a PC in my home.

Argh. I hate it.

We now have 3 Macs and one PC. I will continue to believe in Mac and will not EVER touch that infernal machine. It won't touch my wireless network, and it will remain behind a closed door, where my guests will still only see the one true machine. The Mac.

It will be relegated to inferior status, forever mocked and chided by those machines it aspires to become, but never will.

It will not become the house computer, only one of necessity, until the world comes to it's senses, and sees the error of it's ways. Bill Gates has no friends here, and his
machine shall not be the window to my home. And if it does, his stare will be met with a site sure to make him cringe - The mighty Apple.

Feel free at this point to chastise me for my
views, all you sheep whom Mr. Gates has enticed to the dark side with the promise of power, ease of use, convenience, and cookies.

I am Keith, I'm a Mac user, and I'm proud of it!

Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. While our family computers have been Macs, you bought me my first computer Feb. 14 1991. It was an Apple. I can still remember the boxes of dot matrix paper that sat under the desk.

    Many things have changed since then, but I am still and will always be a Mac girl...but now I am one who has a PC sitting in her home office.

    My name is Kimby..and I am a Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the dark side.

    Bwahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should use this as a script for a commercial!! Welcome to the dark side!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Yell at me...