Wednesday 17 December 2008

Absence makes the blog grow fonder

I haven't been here in five days. Not for any other reason than I really didn't feel like typing. I've been on the computer, checking email, playing games and surfing, but typing wasn't high on my list of things to do. Let's recap the past days...

1. Daughter got her fish finally, and within an hour one of them jumped out and committed fishacide.

2. Son was jealous of the fish and ended up with a 5 gallon tank with 2 crabs - named Red Bull and Hungry Howie. Don't ask, I don't know.

3. My boss has gone completely insane and is instituting new ideas. That always scares me.

4. I finally got over the flu only to develop a horrible cold. Hence my head is pounding with the amount of hacking I'm doing. At least I got to take Nyquil. That stuff rocks. I can't remember the last time I slept like that.

5. We finally got snow that is worth talking about. A whole 3 inches. Just enough to make people drive like idiots. Son is shoveling it now, and he ain't happy about it. 

There. Five things to cover five days. I still don't feel like typing.

Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. We have about 16" of snow on the ground and had real temp lows already in the -30s F.

    Bosses are often insane. I think it's a requirement. It's one of the reasons I work for myself. Of course, now I get clients that go completely insane.

    I understand your son not liking to shovel. I still don't like to shovel. Just explain that someday he'll have kids that he, too, can use as free labor.

    Colds suck. As do allergies, which I have, and which appear like clockwork with the cold weather. I empathize with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY boss, on the other hand, is on strike. He retires in, like, 4 days, and he won't do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6-10 inches coming tonight, another pile on Sunday, almost 2 feet forecast by Monday. Merry Christmas.
    I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one with a freaked out boss. I'm quite comforted by this!

    ReplyDelete

Yell at me...